Wednesday

Through My Day

Downtown hurried lives I watch
thinking of you on your way somewhere
busy being, busy loving me through your day
our hearts keeping perfect time so far away...

Sweet joy! You are the sun on my face
my body sings at the sound of my name on your lips...
Private smile, dreaming of you as people walk by

I live my life in a forward place
a time when our circles touch
holding hands without fear
laughing loud, flashing eyes, our bodies near...

Sweet joy! You are the sun on my face
my body sings at the sound of my name on your lips...
Private smile, dreaming of you as people walk by

Late day people on their way...
Hurried to their hearts and their homes
I still have miles before I do
so home for now is inside me, inside you

Sweet joy! You are the sun on my face
my body sings at the sound of my name on your lips...
Private smile, dreaming of you as people walk by

Evening lights settle into my soul...
Warming the place you dwell...
My chest swells in the promise of someday
I will go to you...I will find my way

Sweet joy! You are the sun on my face
my body sings at the sound of my name on your lips...
Private smile, dreaming of you as people walk by