neurontin
Three little pills,
three times a day,
they say,
it won't last forever.
I won't sleep past lunch time.
I won't slur my speech and sound like a drunk.
I won't stare off at nothing for hours.
I won't hurt anymore,
they say.
I say,
before these 3 little pills pull me under again,
I panic at the lost time,
I miss conversations with friends.
I miss being able to drive somewhere, anywhere.
I fear the pain I will still feel when I break away from its grip.
But they say...
these three little pills,
three times a day...
forever is subjective.
three times a day,
they say,
it won't last forever.
I won't sleep past lunch time.
I won't slur my speech and sound like a drunk.
I won't stare off at nothing for hours.
I won't hurt anymore,
they say.
I say,
before these 3 little pills pull me under again,
I panic at the lost time,
I miss conversations with friends.
I miss being able to drive somewhere, anywhere.
I fear the pain I will still feel when I break away from its grip.
But they say...
these three little pills,
three times a day...
forever is subjective.
<< Home