"I am not a writer!" I have been heard to exclaim each time someone says, "You should write..."
I tried to explain to a friend, "I am just a girl who can't talk in complete sentences."
"Ah Ha!" she exclaimed, "You are a poet!"
(all poetry unless otherwise noted is original work)
Thursday
longing
if you could only sit slowly on the edge of my couch,
staring down at your hands and picking your words gently,
you reach for my arm and you feel my silk skin that smells of mango and vanilla.
looking at me, gauging my reaction as you slowly slide your hand up to my elbow.
you reach with your other hand to cup my jaw line and your eyes well up with need and permission.
i lean into your hand, moaning quietly and saying how good your hand feels.
you lift my chin up and ask me to open my eyes and look at you.
i am locked in the moment, praying you won’t make me wait too long to watch you move closer and brush your lips against mine.
i take in a breath, waiting, quietly begging that tonight you will not stop with a good night kiss.
<< Home